JPolen01 Wrote:I'm all for cool weird rare cars but what the fuck does a single guy living in NOVA need a ginormous boat like that for? Not to mention it is in god awful red.
To haul chicks (or dudes), man. :roll:
davej Wrote:So Joey and I can ogle it once or twice a year, duh.
You know me so well. <3
I already tried to talk him into going for a V70R or similar type of sleeper, but was shot down.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S
its worth noting that those V70's sound like an 80's Turbo-5 Quattro WRC car with a properly unrestricted exhaust. 5 points to Trollhattan.
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road
--------------------------
Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
Polen, think of how many dudes I could pack into that after a night at Nellie's and reconsider your opinion.
It's a super neat car (as is the sedan sibling) but $20k is too spendy for a daily/toy. Also, if I'm looking to haul dudes/trailers/IKEA purchases, I have the truck.
I am kinda sorta in the market for something fun, sporty, two-doored, three-pedaled, for like... 10 grand or less. No need for sleeper status, it can be a bit ridiculous or out there. Go go gadget Craigslist.
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan
Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
Jake Wrote:No need for sleeper status, it can be a bit ridiculous or out there. Go go gadget Craigslist.
M535i? in Richmond.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5713193181.html">https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5713193181.html</a><!-- m -->
beautiful, clean, rust free MGB-GT in the proper color
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5769277507.html">https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5769277507.html</a><!-- m -->
V8 240 volvo wagon
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5777086212.html">https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5777086212.html</a><!-- m -->
i should stop, this isn't healthy
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road
--------------------------
Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
I want that wagon bad.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S
Jake Wrote:.
I am kinda sorta in the market for something fun, sporty, two-doored, three-pedaled, for like... 10 grand or less. No need for sleeper status, it can be a bit ridiculous or out there. Go go gadget Craigslist.
Kind of sounds like you want a Boxster or an S2000.
Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/5780754327.html">http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ ... 54327.html</a><!-- m --> so much want (with the exception of the ricer front end mods, but that is an easy fix)
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.
2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
Senor_Taylor Wrote:Jake Wrote:.
I am kinda sorta in the market for something fun, sporty, two-doored, three-pedaled, for like... 10 grand or less. No need for sleeper status, it can be a bit ridiculous or out there. Go go gadget Craigslist.
Kind of sounds like you want a Boxster or an S2000.
Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Boxster, maybe. No S2000's, for obvious reasons. And I find them a bit boring as street cars.
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan
Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
Jake Wrote:Boxster, maybe. No S2000's, for obvious reasons. And I find them a bit boring as street cars.
Fair enough.
Seems like you're destined for another BMW because I can't imagine you in a Z car or anything similar. What's your year range? Are you actually considering some of these engine swapped cars people are sending you? (I hope you aren't.)
Senor_Taylor Wrote:Fair enough.
Seems like you're destined for another BMW because I can't imagine you in a Z car or anything similar. What's your year range? Are you actually considering some of these engine swapped cars people are sending you? (I hope you aren't.)
I don't care about age. I'd like it to have working AC though.
No swaps. I don't want a project car or something that requires figuring out how DJ wired up this thing before I can fix this other thing.
I know I don't want a 350Z or F-Body. Or an S2k. Or a Subaru. Been there done that with Miatas.
My current list of thoughts includes... - E46 330ci
- E46 M3
- Z3 M roadster
- 03-05 Boxster
- C5 Corvette?? Eh?
- Pontiac GTO
- 03-04ish Mustang Mach 1 (mostly because there's an orange one at the Mini dealer near me)
- Mini Cooper S
What am I missing here?
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan
Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
Jake Wrote:03-04ish Mustang Mach 1 (mostly because there's an orange one at the Mini dealer near me)
Jake Wrote:What am I missing here?
Your brain.
Jake Wrote:
This or an Abarth 500. Join itty bitty angry snail committee! The force fed sleds! The pocket rocket docket!
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S
With the list you're looking at, maybe add a 1st gen CTS-V to the list. They have an LS6 or LS2 depending on the year.
I probably wouldn't go with a E46 M3 for a daily if it were me. Fairly expensive maintenance compared to other stuff on the list and there's a lot of expensive preventative stuff they really should have in the 100k+ range. Also, they just aren't great daily drivers. They're great when you're pushing them, but just eh for cruising around town.
Of that list I'd probably go with a 330i for a daily. That transmission is supposed to be super smooth which is something I'm kind of picky about. Part of the reason I say the M3 isn't a great daily is because the transmissions on those aren't particularly smooth when shifting at normal rpms.
2015 VW GTI | 2007 4Runner Sport
SOLD
2010 Nissan 370z | 2003 BMW M3
2005 Subaru WRX | 2010 BMW 135i | 1999 BMW M3
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 | 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX SE
1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula | 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX | 1996 Pontiac Firebird
For a couple thousand more you can get into a 2011+ V6, which is quicker and nicer in every way than a 2004 Mach 1. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp?listingId=677783474">http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp?li ... =677783474</a><!-- m -->
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.
2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
SlimKlim Wrote:This or an Abarth 500. Join itty bitty angry snail committee! The force fed sleds! The pocket rocket docket!
Look at Joey coming through with an actual viable and good suggestion!
something is wrong...I'm scared.
edit: any love for a VAG? good mid 2000's TT are only like 4-5k or an audi A4/S4 convertible? You've already earned your badge in German Electrical Problems, so it wouldn't be too unfamiliar territory
davej Wrote:SlimKlim Wrote:This or an Abarth 500. Join itty bitty angry snail committee! The force fed sleds! The pocket rocket docket!
Look at Joey coming through with an actual viable and good suggestion!
something is wrong...I'm scared.
edit: any love for a VAG? mid 2000's TT are only like 4-5k or an audi A4/S4 convertible? You've already earned your badge in German Electrical Problems, so it wouldn't be too unfamiliar territory
I've tried and tried to make him try a VAG but I just don't think he's interested. Honestly the suspension design on the A4 even scares me away and I'm truly sick in the head.
And to be fair I think the Abarths are cheap for a reason. But they're so tiny and cute and soulful that if I didn't have a 70lb dog to haul around, I might've bought one and dealt with its shit just to hear the optimistic little exhaust growl every morning.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S
Another vote for the Abarth. Every time I see one on the road it sounds so damn good.
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 A/T
2012 Civic Si - Sold
I'm admittedly curious about trying a VAG although I don't know if I could stick with it long-term.
Audi TT's are out, I don't fit in them well and they're a bit too... hayyygurl for me. The S4, maybe. I just feel like everyone is super cautious of recommending a mid-00s Audi product, and I know nothing about them.
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan
Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
JPolen01 Wrote:Another vote for the Abarth. Every time I see one on the road it sounds so damn good.
+1 Abarth. That little fucker sounds mean and I bet is a riot to drive.
2019 Mazda CX-5 (TURBAH)
(X)2016.5 Mazda CX-5
(X)2010 GTI
(x)2011 Lancer Evolution GSR
(x)2009 Lancer Ralliart
(x)2006 Acura RSX
Ken Wrote:JPolen01 Wrote:Another vote for the Abarth. Every time I see one on the road it sounds so damn good.
+1 Abarth. That little fucker sounds mean and I bet is a riot to drive. +1
Let's make it happen! MM is a democracy. right? I'd love to see one on a 33 cruise.
|