09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
WRXtranceformed Wrote:Nice ride man!
If you're on the corvette forums, you may know my boss. He's from the northern VA area and has a red C4 convertible with a custom built race motor. He forever had a bunch of problems with it, but I think he's finally got it dialed in. It's a total monster, I had the chance to drive it briefly, and even without really getting on it the car is a handful. Ass-end wanted to kick out like no other!
I think he dyno'd around 484ish rwhp, all motor. From what I remember him saying though, he had the motor built for a huge shot of nitrous... he just hasn't had the desire to install a system yet.
Thanks.
Yes, you must be referring to Dave, "jerkyboy" on the forum. That 434 is one of 3 built by the same guy that did the above motor in that Chevelle. When Dave ran his dyno I think his filter to TB duct was collapsing. Those motors are scary fast but with the new Z06, it's just keeping up at this point. (That is both sad and impressive)
I don't think his wife will allow the nitrous at this point!
He also runs Accel's DFI and we have exchanged ideas, he recently helped me change the rpm scale in the VE tables.
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
