04-30-2004, 12:37 PM
so back on topic...
this BMW test drive was awesome. Anyone that didn't get the chance this year, definately sign up next year. I thought we were going to have an employee ride along with us or even follow a group of cars. They basically gave you the keys and a set route to drive and sent you on your way. I'm not going to give all the details as to what I put those poor cars through, but I did get a very good feel for their performance.
I drove a 325 auto, 330 auto, and a Z4 3.0 auto. I wasn't a big fan of the 325, but the 330 performed well. It would be a nice daily driver. I think it had a sports package, which helped it keep up with mike when I followed him in a Z4. The Z4 I drove was a fun little machine, but I would never buy one. The seating position was strange and it felt as if the top of the windshield was right in my face. The hood was also too high and hard to see over. It handled well, but no where close to my dad's Boxster S.
The other thing I noticed was the extreme computer control of these cars. I had the traction turned off most of the time :twisted: and it still kicked in a lot. I also only drove the cars in auto-manual crap mode. I really hate these things bc forward on the shifter downshifted, and back on the shifter up shifted- sounds easy enough but it just didin't feel natural. They were also very slow to shift.
Overall- nice overall packages. strong engines and rear-wheel drive fun.
this BMW test drive was awesome. Anyone that didn't get the chance this year, definately sign up next year. I thought we were going to have an employee ride along with us or even follow a group of cars. They basically gave you the keys and a set route to drive and sent you on your way. I'm not going to give all the details as to what I put those poor cars through, but I did get a very good feel for their performance.
I drove a 325 auto, 330 auto, and a Z4 3.0 auto. I wasn't a big fan of the 325, but the 330 performed well. It would be a nice daily driver. I think it had a sports package, which helped it keep up with mike when I followed him in a Z4. The Z4 I drove was a fun little machine, but I would never buy one. The seating position was strange and it felt as if the top of the windshield was right in my face. The hood was also too high and hard to see over. It handled well, but no where close to my dad's Boxster S.
The other thing I noticed was the extreme computer control of these cars. I had the traction turned off most of the time :twisted: and it still kicked in a lot. I also only drove the cars in auto-manual crap mode. I really hate these things bc forward on the shifter downshifted, and back on the shifter up shifted- sounds easy enough but it just didin't feel natural. They were also very slow to shift.
Overall- nice overall packages. strong engines and rear-wheel drive fun.
1996 BMW 328is white │ 89 BMW 325i track car │84 BMW 325e for sale!│Past: 94 Honda Del Sol S, 2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited, 1996 BMW 328i
e30/e36 parts for sale... PM me
e30/e36 parts for sale... PM me

