09-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Speaking of smart watches....
Sold my Fitbit Surge.
So I pre ordered a new Moto 360.
42mm, Black Steel casing, with black steel band, 46mm 360 was too large IMO, so 42mm with a 20mm band fit the bill.
![[Image: e_Nie_0rIm0xlmNjansdtCvBgzNzhV2NxepAT013...67-h395-no]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e_Nie_0rIm0xlmNjansdtCvBgzNzhV2NxepAT013sEHSiBUE9F51aUkEO5O5sGhUvcMv89pseYLvtXsN9FVUy5-IAvQonv-aTZGD3x6v3ADmVNh6LPExeV8U6n_5Vn7RRuuyKXRunwOmnvL1yA1iucWrUNICMzy4EZFkLPvhScd4Y74OMHUjMpRzBMsLZakmqxGWtR1aKsXrMyZJQ4oh-I9qJJ7A87v8IYqHBD2XSyGvjzsHTugSGAlA6ejyLwSAqZQpMHDsqRToq3UjVthRkLwkgpGY_09VjAzE8K3C3UEshbUbfojnoebo2FyRJm0KNkQYzsbpTH8b3kt1oV7x-6pRQcuTZhvhenMjt22PQ5VQMtTiziQRYJJqdhLfI7UR3aB-FK1FeQ-x3oQg5mIklqIYT3gho_wWIq8SXEzD6xG3PuOX9tvzSdDrX1Ybpda4L6PUlsxejA9mLjYqpi7MSSOwgzNMOTO4Mxa1-Xff8jEHdrS3PCYsWUMawKvLDdROc2bc7eYuctAHRb4Hb7afZ2_g85dvdorK_qvA0ffTkDGQ=w467-h395-no)
Why?
I wanted to try a smart watch, so with the opportunity to sell my existing one, I figured why not. I really enjoyed the ability to view incoming texts and calls without pulling my phone out mid meeting, but it was limited to that functionality, and it left me wanting more.
The front contenders were the new 360 or the Gear S2.
The "Flat Tire" bothered me at first, until I realized 75% of the watch faces I like are black, and you cant even see it.
2014 vs 2015
![[Image: new-moto-360-vs.jpg?itok=WZ2ntz-m]](http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/larger_wm_brw/public/article_images/2015/09/new-moto-360-vs.jpg?itok=WZ2ntz-m)
Rumors of the starting price point for the Gear S2 killed it, $400 starting point for a watch with Samsungs Tizen OS, a rubber band and no ability to change bands = nah im good.
Huwaei watch was too high $$ IMO as well.
So this should be in hand in the next week or two, I will report back once I receive it.
I will plan to get a Black or Brown Leather band to compliment it.
Sold my Fitbit Surge.
So I pre ordered a new Moto 360.
42mm, Black Steel casing, with black steel band, 46mm 360 was too large IMO, so 42mm with a 20mm band fit the bill.
Why?
I wanted to try a smart watch, so with the opportunity to sell my existing one, I figured why not. I really enjoyed the ability to view incoming texts and calls without pulling my phone out mid meeting, but it was limited to that functionality, and it left me wanting more.
The front contenders were the new 360 or the Gear S2.
The "Flat Tire" bothered me at first, until I realized 75% of the watch faces I like are black, and you cant even see it.
2014 vs 2015
![[Image: new-moto-360-vs.jpg?itok=WZ2ntz-m]](http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/larger_wm_brw/public/article_images/2015/09/new-moto-360-vs.jpg?itok=WZ2ntz-m)
Rumors of the starting price point for the Gear S2 killed it, $400 starting point for a watch with Samsungs Tizen OS, a rubber band and no ability to change bands = nah im good.
Huwaei watch was too high $$ IMO as well.
So this should be in hand in the next week or two, I will report back once I receive it.
I will plan to get a Black or Brown Leather band to compliment it.

