The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




The official tablet (and other useless electronics) thread!
Ken Wrote:
.RJ Wrote:
JustinG Wrote:Any of you guys use Plex? My laptop just isn't cutting it as a media server, thinking of building a cheap dedicated media server. Any tips or estimated cost?

I do. I have it set up on a Dell Zino with win7 and its been great for over 3 years now. Its no longer made but you can find them cheap on ebay. Much smaller footprint than an old desktop machine so it can be hidden in the living room easily.

Same, I use it on an a 4 year old HP desktop. I think it has a quad core AMD processor and 8GB RAM, everything runs fine. I can't imagine something similar would run you that much these days.


My laptop is only like 3yrs old and has an i3, which according to Plex should be able to handle 2 1080 streams at the same time. But it will barely handle a 480 stream without buffering every 10 min. Would upgrading the RAM help? I dunno how this shit works.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: