02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Our 5yr old harmony 550 was starting to show its age and give in to the abuse. Some buttons were getting hard to work with and not to mention the thing is a battery hog.
So we had some CC rewards points to use up and snagged the Logitech Harmony Smart Control.
![[Image: 7a6a6etu.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/7a6a6etu.jpg)
I love the Logitech harmony line, this is my third. Awesome way to control all of your AV stuff if you haven't used one before.
This unit comes with a Control Box, remote, and a second IR blaster. You can also DL the Harmony app and use your android device or iOS device.
Comparing the included remote to the old 550.
![[Image: ytemyha3.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/ytemyha3.jpg)
![[Image: agevy9yt.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/agevy9yt.jpg)
This remote communicates with the control box via RF so if you have a cabinet you can hide all the av stuff out of site and still have control of your components. Just have to hook up the spare IR blaster to control the TV.
I don't have a cabinet so I just set it on top of the component stand I have.
![[Image: yqy5u4an.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/yqy5u4an.jpg)
So far so good, easy setup. For the price on Amazon, $99, I would recommend it. No fancy touchscreen or display on the remote, only takes a watch battery which they claim lasts a year. The app is cool, same functions as your normal remote but can also program favorites which are displayed by the channel icon on your screen. You can customize buttons on the screen too.
![[Image: ama4abyt.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/ama4abyt.jpg)
So we had some CC rewards points to use up and snagged the Logitech Harmony Smart Control.
![[Image: 7a6a6etu.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/7a6a6etu.jpg)
I love the Logitech harmony line, this is my third. Awesome way to control all of your AV stuff if you haven't used one before.
This unit comes with a Control Box, remote, and a second IR blaster. You can also DL the Harmony app and use your android device or iOS device.
Comparing the included remote to the old 550.
![[Image: ytemyha3.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/ytemyha3.jpg)
![[Image: agevy9yt.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/agevy9yt.jpg)
This remote communicates with the control box via RF so if you have a cabinet you can hide all the av stuff out of site and still have control of your components. Just have to hook up the spare IR blaster to control the TV.
I don't have a cabinet so I just set it on top of the component stand I have.
![[Image: yqy5u4an.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/yqy5u4an.jpg)
So far so good, easy setup. For the price on Amazon, $99, I would recommend it. No fancy touchscreen or display on the remote, only takes a watch battery which they claim lasts a year. The app is cool, same functions as your normal remote but can also program favorites which are displayed by the channel icon on your screen. You can customize buttons on the screen too.
![[Image: ama4abyt.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/ama4abyt.jpg)

