New BMW 1 Series - Bangled
Here's an article about the upcoming 1 series with some spy shots. I was hoping it'd be a rather handsome little car that would be a good buy for around $22-27K but this thing is seriously fugly:

[Image: 1seriesmain.jpg]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=06463267">http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv? ... e=06463267</a><!-- m -->
Sad This new BMW styling just doesn't push the same buttons as a few years ago. I just ask they don't restyle the M3 anytime soon!
1996 BMW 328is white │ 89 BMW 325i track car │84 BMW 325e for sale!│Past: 94 Honda Del Sol S, 2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited, 1996 BMW 328i

e30/e36 parts for sale... PM me
ew, i'll stick with my e36 m3 aspirations.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
*sigh* :roll:

The rear I can maybe live with, needs some different trim work. The front is unacceptable, kind of oldsmobile looking? I don't know. I'm guessing they'll mess with both a little more. But I'm still pumped about the car. Even if the styling ends up as off as the 7 and the 5 and most likely soon the 3, BMW has the chance to make a fun little car again which they've lost with the current 3 series. I say the CHANCE though because I'm betting they'll blow it. The car will probably end up weighing almost 3000lbs, with some 4 cyl that doesn't hold a candle to what any jap manufacturer is capable of, will probably have the option for their versitile small 6cyl which will be great, but the end result will basically be the E36 in uglier skin. With more gadgets that I don't need and don't want to pay for. Maybe even a mini i-drive joystick or something for everyone to hate. YAY. Looks like E36/E46 suspension back there, and will probably have the front struts with bomerang shaped arm that every 3-series has, so it at least has some handling potential. Tried and true, at least it has that going for it.

I'll keep HOPING that it ends up a reborn E30. 8) Or like a RWD Mini. 2500lbs or less, a killer 4cyl and small 6 to choose from, and available with options about like the Mini, anything from stripped and cloth and extra gauges to all the leather and gee-gaw crap you like. But if BMW insists on chasing down the "aging hipster who likes gadgets he doesn't understand and has $ to waste" demographic, it won't happen. A fool and his $$ are soon parted? BMW counts on it.
Yeah I wish BMW would've put a Honda engine in the Mini. The B16A of yore easily made 160 hp (B16B made 182) and I'm sure had Honda made a K16 it would've been perfect for the Mini. Now that there is an entire model line needing 4 cylinders maybe BMW will invest more money in their 4 cylinder engine tech.

As for the content of the 1 series, I'm not sure what to expect. Really what it amounts to for me is a BMW Civic but maybe I'll be surprised. I'll be really surprised if it matches the content of the Acura TSX for the same money.

Hopefuly it will be a fun and lithe little car that can hang with the best of the price range in handling and outright speed. And of course I'd like to see an M version except that for a change, I'd like to see BMW make it lighter than the regular version.
What would they call this "new" M1?
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
MichaelJComputer Wrote:What would they call this "new" M1?

Well the 1 series is the 4 door, the 2 series will be the 2 door so the M will probably be the M2.
that thing looks like poop on a stick[Image: throwit.gif]
My Tumblr
2008 Felt F75 - Pedal Power
while you are being gross and imature[Image: cj_31950.jpg]
THey better change that around before its released because its ugly as hell. Hopefully its just being camo'd a little.