07-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Me: so did you sign up yet?
RJ: i need to fold laundry first
WORST EXCUSE EVER!
RJ: i need to fold laundry first
WORST EXCUSE EVER!
My two feet.
|
9/5 - California Superbike School @ VIR
|
|
07-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Me: so did you sign up yet?
RJ: i need to fold laundry first WORST EXCUSE EVER!
My two feet.
08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Finished folding laundry last night, so I signed up today :lol:
08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://onboardvideos.com/">http://onboardvideos.com/</a><!-- m -->
This site has a few decent videos of VIR North from a bike perspective.
My two feet.
08-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice find john -
At about 7:15 in this vid: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://onboardvideos.com/05-05-vir-north-nesba-1.jpg">http://onboardvideos.com/05-05-vir-north-nesba-1.jpg</a><!-- m --> he passes about 10 guys, at once, around the outside of turn 1. That guy is my hero.
08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
.RJ Wrote:Nice find john -Uhhhh that looks like a pic not a vid to me.
08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://onboardvideos.com/05-05-vir-north-nesba-1.wmv">http://onboardvideos.com/05-05-vir-north-nesba-1.wmv</a><!-- m -->
Just because I suck at the internet doesnt mean you have to also
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Track is sunny and dry!
![]() John extends his warmest regards with a hearty "fuck you"
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
ooh that's today! Having fun?
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Rock out with your cock out!
:middlefinger:
When it comes to Ryan Jenkins, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.
2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee -Ginger
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Won't be for long... better ride more faster!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
09-05-2006, 05:38 PM
How was it fools?
2017 Mineral White BMW M240i Cabriolet
2014 White Platinum Pearl Explorer Sport Living in the Alamo City. 210
09-05-2006, 10:28 PM
It was freakin' awesome.
And the weather worked out really well - it rained until 10:00am, and then dried up for the rest of the day. They ran a little bit late to make sure everyone got the promised amount of track time. The instruction was pretty good - he (Keith Code) really breaks it down into simple, clear actions that have immediate results on the track. Stabilize the bike by rolling on the throttle. Everything else is about being able to roll on the throttle sooner. I started the first session sure that I was going to bin it in Turn 1, and ended the last session flicking the bike over (quicker than I would have ever thought possible) and tracking through the turns, leaned over and planted with confidence in my line. Worth every penny, IMHO - and the rental bikes were absolutely excellent. I'm sure RJ will have plenty to add too...
My two feet.
09-06-2006, 12:36 AM
While in classroom, talking about vision and target fixation...
Keith Code: Your eyes are trying to kill you Class: (laughter) Keith: Ah ha... you think thats funny... Class: (silence) hock:At any rate, I'm ffing exhausted but this was worth every penny. The bikes were awesome, super predictable and easy to ride. I was very aprehensive going into the weekend, and we didnt even get on the bikes until we went to head on track for our first session. By turn 3 I felt right at home, and even in the first session I was leaning over further than I ever do on the F3. A few times during the day I skidded the knee sliders a bit over the curbing too On the last session our instructions at pit out were "use all gears, full brakes" so it was on like donkey kong - I got my knee planted down on the ground so hard in T1 while following my instructor that I checked up wondering "what the hell was that!". It was cool, so after that I did it again in 1, 7 and 14 I was also coming out of hogpen hard on the gas in 3rd gear, and seeing north of 13,000 rpm in 5th as i crossed start finish and let off... i have no idea how fast it was, but it felt pretty good ![]() So thats that... I'm looking forward to Level 2 in the spring!
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
That's cool you guys had a good time and no one went down. One of these days I'll lose some weight, get leathers and then do the Keith Code school.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I already told you this, but just in case: I hate you.
Glad you had a good time, and it's nice to know that I'll have some more company to play with out on track. Welcome to The End.
When it comes to Ryan Jenkins, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.
2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee -Ginger
09-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I've been doing 15-20 mile rides 5 days/week on my road bike the past few weeks without much issue, but this morning, my legs feel like lead bricks and they're sore as shit....
Chris - take the Level 1 school in the spring.
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM
.RJ Wrote:Chris - take the Level 1 school in the spring. he won't be the only one....damnit! :x
'19 Golf R
Intro J Ray's Top Ten Previous: '99 BMW Z3 2.8L | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | 2010 VW GTI | 2008 CBR 600RR | 2005 Nissan Titan SE King | 2003 Honda CBR 600RR | 1998 Integra RS | 1998 Suzuki GS500e | 1999 Honda Civic Si | 1986 VW GTI 8v
09-06-2006, 11:01 AM
.RJ Wrote:Chris - take the Level 1 school in the spring. A lot depends on my physical condition(ing). I'm not buying custom leathers and at this point that's really my only option. A guy here at work is pushing me to start a workout routine at the gym in the building so maybe with some exterior motivation I'll be ready in the spring. I'm optimistically pessimistic about my commitment but only time will tell.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
09-06-2006, 11:07 AM
There were 2 guys there with similar build to yours in the school rental leathers.
09-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I call BS!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth |