11-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Well the PS3 and Wii releases are upon us, how has everyone's feelings changed (or not changed)?
At the moment I'm not very compelled to buy any of the 3 systems just yet. I won't buy a Xbox360 until Forza 2 comes out (Spring 07) but I might buy a Wii sooner or later, it just depends on the games. There are maybe 2 that I'd like to buy that will be available at launch but it hasn't set my loins alight.
I'm still cold on PS3 and will remain cold until there is a significant price drop, and even then it depends on games. GT5 won't be here until late 2007 or 2008 and I'm not interested in GTHD.
So for me my likelihood of purchasing the 3 game systems in the next 6 months on a scale of 1-10 are:
Xbox360: 7
Wii: 6.5
PS3: 1
What I kind of wonder is how all the PS3 scalping is going to work out. A lot of people are talking about selling them on ebay but how many people actually want to buy the system to own it? I guess with the limited supply it won't be too much of a problem.
I've seen at least one story of people paying homeless dudes to stand in line. One has to wonder how many people are willing to pay 2 and 3 times retail for one of these things.
At the moment I'm not very compelled to buy any of the 3 systems just yet. I won't buy a Xbox360 until Forza 2 comes out (Spring 07) but I might buy a Wii sooner or later, it just depends on the games. There are maybe 2 that I'd like to buy that will be available at launch but it hasn't set my loins alight.
I'm still cold on PS3 and will remain cold until there is a significant price drop, and even then it depends on games. GT5 won't be here until late 2007 or 2008 and I'm not interested in GTHD.
So for me my likelihood of purchasing the 3 game systems in the next 6 months on a scale of 1-10 are:
Xbox360: 7
Wii: 6.5
PS3: 1
What I kind of wonder is how all the PS3 scalping is going to work out. A lot of people are talking about selling them on ebay but how many people actually want to buy the system to own it? I guess with the limited supply it won't be too much of a problem.
I've seen at least one story of people paying homeless dudes to stand in line. One has to wonder how many people are willing to pay 2 and 3 times retail for one of these things.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com

