The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




AMA @ VIR This Weekend
#14
stevegula Wrote:
Maengelito Wrote:
stevegula Wrote:Maengelito - that seam in 7 will always be there. You can't pave something like T7 in one piece.

yeah, i know but it seems like they could atleast smooth it out some more. turn in there seems so bumpy because you can carry so much speed up the hill but i hate the way it unsettles the car when you hit it.

I'd bet the only good way to smooth that out is cut it up and repave it. Grinding it will just make it like Road Atlanta's turn 5 and 7 which is retardo on a motorcycle in the wet. I've never gone through North's turn 7 in a car, so I have no idea how it feels for you, but on a motorcycle I have no complaints about turn 7. Personally I love the turn, and coming up over the top of it and forgetting to let up on the throttle is always a fun ride - high sides for the win.

dont get me wrong, i love that turn too. you can carry so much speed into the turn. its just that i get that slight feeling of panic if i hit the bump and it unsettles the car. but i just keep my foot to the floor and hope to not swing too wide and end up going sideways off into the grass a la chad.
1994 Ford Ranger
2004 Honda S2000
2007 BMW X3
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: