08-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Whew this was a good weekend. It was estimated that this was the biggest crowd at VIR ever at approx. 50k over the weekend. I have to say I believe it because there was a ton more people there than I've ever seen at VIR.
This time out I interviewed Josh Hayes and American Honda's Data Technician. Hayes rode a hell of a race only to get sniped by EBoz at the end. It was a fantastic scrap to watch, hats off to Bostrom.
The Superbike races were actually pretty good too. Race 1 had a good battle for 4th and race 2 had a great fight for the lead for the opening laps before Mladin dropped the hammer.
The Superstock race was pretty good too but I was trying to eat and get in and out of the media center while it was going on so I didn't see all of it.
It was an excellent weekend of racing, and I got some good info from the interviews. Camping worked out pretty well too, saved me some cash and a drive in the morning. I didn't even know VIR had several shower buildings around the course.
This time out I interviewed Josh Hayes and American Honda's Data Technician. Hayes rode a hell of a race only to get sniped by EBoz at the end. It was a fantastic scrap to watch, hats off to Bostrom.
The Superbike races were actually pretty good too. Race 1 had a good battle for 4th and race 2 had a great fight for the lead for the opening laps before Mladin dropped the hammer.
The Superstock race was pretty good too but I was trying to eat and get in and out of the media center while it was going on so I didn't see all of it.
It was an excellent weekend of racing, and I got some good info from the interviews. Camping worked out pretty well too, saved me some cash and a drive in the morning. I didn't even know VIR had several shower buildings around the course.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com

