07-14-2006, 11:28 AM
According to some members of the board, our stock FW is 23 lbs. That seems insanely high to me but I'll verify tonight. I have a spare trans/engine that I'm going to swap with the broken one.
I'm going to rebuild it and have it ready for next season. 91-92 MR2's trans with over 100k tend to all have failed or failing synchros. Buying a revised/improved 93+ trans with dual cone synchros is actually more expensive than rebuilding one.
Then again, I might end up swapping in a turbo engine. We'll see what time/space will allow.
I'm going to rebuild it and have it ready for next season. 91-92 MR2's trans with over 100k tend to all have failed or failing synchros. Buying a revised/improved 93+ trans with dual cone synchros is actually more expensive than rebuilding one.
Then again, I might end up swapping in a turbo engine. We'll see what time/space will allow.
Two feet.
