The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Transmission rebuild
#4
I have a lightweight aliuminum flywheel on the XR and I really like it. I also have a centerforce stage 3 clutch, and the combo of the two is really nice. The flywheel allows the engine to rev quickly and fall quickly, while the centerforce si very drivable yet strong enough for the car.

In racing, from what I understand (and racers correct if I am wrong) you don't really want the engine to do much other than accellerate. Slowing down is the responsibility of the brakes. As such, the quicker the engine can rev and the faster it can fall off, the better. Heel/Toe is easier because the engine reacts more quickly too. It's less weight on the car a whole and less mass for the engine to rev.

I'd say go for it!
http://www.85xr.com

1985 Merkur XR4Ti Track Car
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
E46 BMW 330Ci Sport 5spd
1973 Honda CL125S
1985 Honda CX500
2013 Arctic Cat 700 ATV
2017 Onewheel +
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: