06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
I am gonna recommend the Joe Rocket Alter Ego textile jacket. I like JR's cheaper stuff, but I would probably not buy one of their leathers...
The Alter Ego is a true 4-season jacket, and it'll pretty much do whatever you want, aside from trackdays. It's got cool padding, storm-trooper style, and is super-versatile - it has a little backpack inside the back, and snaps all over the arms to tighten them up for better performance in the wind. I crashed mine and I am still using it - the only ill effect was a slight tear somewhere on the back.
I also own an ICON Pursuit perf'd leather (on eBay as we speak because I never wore it), and a Dainese 80s jacket that I just got.
If you want to spend big money on a leather jacket, Dainese, Vanson, or A* are the only brands I'd even entertain buying.
The Alter Ego is a true 4-season jacket, and it'll pretty much do whatever you want, aside from trackdays. It's got cool padding, storm-trooper style, and is super-versatile - it has a little backpack inside the back, and snaps all over the arms to tighten them up for better performance in the wind. I crashed mine and I am still using it - the only ill effect was a slight tear somewhere on the back.
I also own an ICON Pursuit perf'd leather (on eBay as we speak because I never wore it), and a Dainese 80s jacket that I just got.
If you want to spend big money on a leather jacket, Dainese, Vanson, or A* are the only brands I'd even entertain buying.
