05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
G.Irish Wrote:Evan Wrote:bassmangrammy Wrote:Rolex race was good... does anyone know what the GTOs are crushing the field? I'm thinking it's a rule issue as well as a chassis difference issue.GTOs are tube frame, purpose-built, nothing in common with the street car but the engine.
Do you see all the pontiac commercials during Rolex races? I doubt its a coincidence.
Kind of sucks to be Porsche this year. Getting pummeled in both ALMS/LeMans and Grand Am.
While I hated it when all the GT series were Spec 911, Porsche has been the only manufacturer to consistently put in major development into the GT class over a long timeframe. Then a few tubeframe cars come along and after 6 months of development are whuppin up on the p-cars (although in fairness, the Panoz has been around for quite some time and deserves a shot at being competitive)
Granted its kinda boring when its all Porsches but at the same time I don't wanna see GT racing Nascar-ized. Trans Am got Nascar-ized too and you see where that ended up.
But Gerald, everyones LOVES NASCAR!
2017 Mineral White BMW M240i Cabriolet
2014 White Platinum Pearl Explorer Sport
Living in the Alamo City.
210
2014 White Platinum Pearl Explorer Sport
Living in the Alamo City.
210
