The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Five Italian Redheads
#37
CaptainHenreh Wrote:And engineering? Posh. I can appreciate GM making a phenominal world-beater in the Corvette for a bargain-basement price than I can an engineering team that knows they're making 100k cars.

You know I feel much the same way about that kind of thing. Its easy to get performance when you don't really care about a cost target. Much more difficult to fit under the constraints of a cheaper car. I'm much more impressed by the Z06's performance than the F430's. Its really amazing to see what GM has done with the last 2 generations of Vette.

At the same time I really like to see what a blue sky engineering approach can produce. In the past its produced the 288 GTO, F40, and McLaren F1. For motorcycles this theme hasn't been visited very often save for the Britten V1000 and my all time favorite motorcycle the Honda NR750, the only vehicle to have oval pistons (I'll have to make a post about that bike btw).

Blue sky engineering is why I watch Formula 1 and Moto GP. Difference with Moto GP is that the racing is more exciting more of the time and the technical advances make it to the street much more quickly than they do in F1.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: