The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Buells pic at Daytona
#17
asteele2 Wrote:Look at the giant fairing the Buell used, for example. Everybody knows that frontal area is a very large factor of aerodynamics but the damn bikes looked like E cup Barbies compared to the rest of the field - and big V-twin advantage is how narrow the motor is. I bet we'll see it shrink next year... and I bet we'll see most of them finish.
"
That's a trait that goes back to Buell racebikes made in the 1980s. Erik Buell always had real wide front sections with curvey tails on his race bikes. Mostly it's made up from aerodynamic tests conducted in the late 1970s and early 1980s by Erik Buell himself and by Harley for a bike they never produced. I agree if the Buells stick around then times will catch up with them and they will begin to look like the Japanese bikes.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: