03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I PERSONALLY still don't care about the details of the case at all. I don't care, and don't think it matters that we don't know or understand them all. Short of them throwing it in her face (assault), or maybe the bottom of the cup falling out (product failure), she deserves nothing.
Like G points out, I would expect it to be near boiling. Heck, get tea at any coffee shop and it'll be hotter than the coffee that won this woman 5 mil. It would burn you faster than 3.5 seconds. Should any of these companies be forced to regulate the temp? Heck no. If their customers want their drinks to be hot when they get to their destinations, then by all means they'd want it to be boiling when it's poured. "Industry standard" my ass. It's called competition and we're supposed to live in a capitalist society! If Mc'd's pours it too hot for you, go somewhere else!
On a related note, I find it funny that my hot pocket sleeve says "caution, product will be hot". Well no shit. Why'd I put it in the microwave? OOH! Maybe I can sue because it ISN'T hot when I take it out of the freezer! :roll:
Like G points out, I would expect it to be near boiling. Heck, get tea at any coffee shop and it'll be hotter than the coffee that won this woman 5 mil. It would burn you faster than 3.5 seconds. Should any of these companies be forced to regulate the temp? Heck no. If their customers want their drinks to be hot when they get to their destinations, then by all means they'd want it to be boiling when it's poured. "Industry standard" my ass. It's called competition and we're supposed to live in a capitalist society! If Mc'd's pours it too hot for you, go somewhere else!
On a related note, I find it funny that my hot pocket sleeve says "caution, product will be hot". Well no shit. Why'd I put it in the microwave? OOH! Maybe I can sue because it ISN'T hot when I take it out of the freezer! :roll:
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
