02-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Ok, so I'm traveling down 460 east just past south gate. I'm in the left lane. I'm behind a red pickup truck. Its an old F150, im not tailgating, but its a big truck and I can't see around it. In the right lane there are some flares and in the shoulder there is a car that has hit the guardrail and another car that pulled over to help them. Apparently cars up ahead slowed down to a near stop for this. The red pickup in front of me didnt notice or couldnt see it, I dunno. He nails his brakes and gets sideways and impacts a white pickup truck ahead of him. He is now sidways with his front end in the left land and rear in the left. I had already started to brake as soon as I saw him brake, but he impacted the white pickup truck maybe a second at the most after he was on the brakes. I started to try to steer around him as well, but him going from traveling speed to zero in the middle of 460 didnt really give me much time to do anything. I hit his rear bumper, which impacts my hood. My sunglasses go flying off my face. Fortunatly I was buckled up, I don't have a mark on me. His rear bumper was a little bent from my impact, and his front was destroyed from impacting the white pickup. My hood is buckled, right fender damaged, lights all destroyed, radiator and condensor bent back and broken open, radiator support bent, grill destroyed, and front bumper is scuffed up. I could theoretically drive it for a few minutes until it overheats.
Both myself and the driver of the red pickup got a ticket for followign to close. Its complete BS because I was in no way following to close. I must have slowed down a decent amount before impact because the damage to his truck isnt very bad. He also said there was a few second delay before I hit him, so I had to have time to slow down a little bit. I will be fighting the ticket, but unfortunatly I think im SOL as far as getting any insurance money from the driver of the red truck.
Both myself and the driver of the red pickup got a ticket for followign to close. Its complete BS because I was in no way following to close. I must have slowed down a decent amount before impact because the damage to his truck isnt very bad. He also said there was a few second delay before I hit him, so I had to have time to slow down a little bit. I will be fighting the ticket, but unfortunatly I think im SOL as far as getting any insurance money from the driver of the red truck.
CCVT VP 05-06
1991 Sentra SE-R w/ SR20VE
1994 Yamaha Seca II
1991 Sentra SE-R w/ SR20VE
1994 Yamaha Seca II
