02-01-2006, 12:18 AM
I used the PC310 in my VFR700. It seemed to crank over quite strongly and I couldn't find any literature saying that it wouldn't be good for daily use. I didn't really have any problems with it until I let it sit for 10 days between December 31 and January 8 or 9 or so.... then it only read 3 volts and wouldn't accept a charge from a charger or from the bike (hell, it wouldn't even flip the bike's lights).
The PC680MJT was daily duty in my Accord for the better part of a year. I only stopped using it when I stopped using the car. I only had a problem with that when I let the car sit for 2 or 3 weeks and it had a really, really poor charge... but my prior tradtional batteries would also drain quickly when sitting with that car, leading me to believe there was a short somewhere. I wouldn't use the PC680 for daily use in an 8 cylinder car like your Mustang, but in small 4 cylinders it seems to be a good ticket. I was thinking of modifying the space in the VFR to accomodate a PC680....
The PC680MJT was daily duty in my Accord for the better part of a year. I only stopped using it when I stopped using the car. I only had a problem with that when I let the car sit for 2 or 3 weeks and it had a really, really poor charge... but my prior tradtional batteries would also drain quickly when sitting with that car, leading me to believe there was a short somewhere. I wouldn't use the PC680 for daily use in an 8 cylinder car like your Mustang, but in small 4 cylinders it seems to be a good ticket. I was thinking of modifying the space in the VFR to accomodate a PC680....
When it comes to Ryan Jenkins, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.
2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee
-Ginger
2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee
-Ginger
