04-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Blah blah blah my car blah blah.
I've been a little less than impressed with how my car has been running lately. Low airflow numbers and no real kick in it when driving. I don't know how Dave felt when riding in the car back from PTG but I was pretty disgusted.
So I went out a few nights ago, laptop in the passenger seat, intent on doing a little tuning. First thing I did was turn the boost up to 25psi. After blowing off vacuum hoses like no other I got a solid log in. Little more knock than I wanted to play with so I played around with it and at 23psi I was generating the airflow I wanted and had knock down to something I could tune around which was like 10-12 counts.
I'm having serious problems finding a good place to do logs. I can't do them in second gear because I'll break traction as soon as I spool, and 3rd gear runs are a little faster than I want to be doing with cops out there.
Decided I'm going to get the car dynoed for sure this July. There is a good place up in Winchester called AR Fabrication so instead of just calling them up, I drove up there today and talked with the owner for a while. They do a lot of custom fabrication and build ups and specialize in DSMs and Hondas. They had a S2000 that had appeared in I think SuperStreet and Brad Brook's drag Colt. I personally saw his Colt go 10.8 last year on a stock 4g63 block. This year the engine is built and they are expecting some easy 9's.
Anyway, not much life going on in the forum right now. I think everyone should drop a little bit of what is going on if not with their car then at least with themselves.
-T
I've been a little less than impressed with how my car has been running lately. Low airflow numbers and no real kick in it when driving. I don't know how Dave felt when riding in the car back from PTG but I was pretty disgusted.
So I went out a few nights ago, laptop in the passenger seat, intent on doing a little tuning. First thing I did was turn the boost up to 25psi. After blowing off vacuum hoses like no other I got a solid log in. Little more knock than I wanted to play with so I played around with it and at 23psi I was generating the airflow I wanted and had knock down to something I could tune around which was like 10-12 counts.
I'm having serious problems finding a good place to do logs. I can't do them in second gear because I'll break traction as soon as I spool, and 3rd gear runs are a little faster than I want to be doing with cops out there.
Decided I'm going to get the car dynoed for sure this July. There is a good place up in Winchester called AR Fabrication so instead of just calling them up, I drove up there today and talked with the owner for a while. They do a lot of custom fabrication and build ups and specialize in DSMs and Hondas. They had a S2000 that had appeared in I think SuperStreet and Brad Brook's drag Colt. I personally saw his Colt go 10.8 last year on a stock 4g63 block. This year the engine is built and they are expecting some easy 9's.
Anyway, not much life going on in the forum right now. I think everyone should drop a little bit of what is going on if not with their car then at least with themselves.
-T
MIHS - hot cause we fly you ain't so you not
2004 Subaru WRX STi
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass
2004 Subaru WRX STi
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass
