The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Track car questions
#51
Ryan T Wrote:Before choosing the car you want to use as a track car I'd go to the track and ride in several different types of cars...fwd, front engine rear drive, mid engine rear drive, awd and see which one feels the best to you. Even though riding in different cars won't give you a whole lot of knowledge, at least you'll get a general feel for how each platform performs at speed on track.

Yeah thats what ive been "kinda" doing. Around high school and my area, I was the "go-to" guy for driving cars. I have not driven any other cars on a road racing course, but I have driven quite a few cars in autocross, which is what I am trying to base my decision on.
I am researching them all. I decided on rwd because I hate fwd. I owned one for 2 years, so I am able to say that with confidence and does not refer to that they suck, but that I personally do not like them.
Out of all of them, I liked the lighter platforms. My top three trurned into the miata, 240sx, and miata. The rx-7 was there, but doing routine maintenace on those cars are a complete bitch compared to the others. Trust me, I help my friend with his FC rx-7 and although it wasnt hell, it was a pain in the ass compared to equivalent cars.

The 240 got knocked out when I wanted to narrow it down to the top 2. The car is light and has good performance, but ever since Fast and Furious, and the drifting phenomenon, 240 prices are completely ridiculous. Also, I did not feel comfortable in its driving position.

When I looked at the mr2, I decided although it was a much harder car to drift, and to swap engines it would be more of a pain, it would be much cheaper and the car just felt better in my hands when playing around. (Except for the all-new miata, which I autocrossed at the mazda event which was crazy nice)

The mr2 is going to be the cheapest and also feels the best in my hands (so far). I will be taking time to find this car, so who knows when ill get it. Took me a year of test-driving and searching around to find my gsx, I take my time, im very patient.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: