07-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Just a reminder for those who track their cars..... anti-seize everything, and chase all the suspension bolts with a torque wrench before each weekend. Only takes a few minutes.....
I found a few somewhat loose bolts on my car while chasing everything underneath the car. This is stuff that was torqued down before, but these cars have a habit of vibrating themselves apart over time, so its just a good idea to keep an eye on them. On the wheel studs, I clean them off after every weekend and reapply antizieze on the studs - just enough to coat the stud, nothing more.
I picked up a few tubes of this - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aedwis.com/torqueseal.html">http://www.aedwis.com/torqueseal.html</a><!-- m --> - should help me keep a better eye on what likes to come loose.
I found a few somewhat loose bolts on my car while chasing everything underneath the car. This is stuff that was torqued down before, but these cars have a habit of vibrating themselves apart over time, so its just a good idea to keep an eye on them. On the wheel studs, I clean them off after every weekend and reapply antizieze on the studs - just enough to coat the stud, nothing more.
I picked up a few tubes of this - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aedwis.com/torqueseal.html">http://www.aedwis.com/torqueseal.html</a><!-- m --> - should help me keep a better eye on what likes to come loose.
