02-21-2019, 02:50 PM
I got married right after college. Worked at Sheetz until he was out of school. We lived with his parents during that time too. We moved to Manassas after he graduated and lived in the cheapest apartment we could find that wasn't in the ghetto. 2 years later we bought a town house in Manassas that was a short sale and needed work, but it was cheap in hindsight. I worked for a HVAC company until I was fired. That was probably the hardest thing for me to deal with, I wasn't fired for anything more than just not being a good fit culturally for the small company.
Not long after that we made the decision to move back to the Valley. I got a job at an ink company making about 32k in an area where Administrative jobs were paying about 25k. We sold our townhouse. And we bought a nice house in a subdivision not far from Harrisonburg. We soon got a dog, and 2 years later welcomed Nanners.
Life was good on paper. But about 18 months later, everything finally gave out from the stress. I moved out, separating as amicably as someone can possibly do.
I bought a townhouse and for the first time in almost 10 years, I lived alone. It was equal parts terrifying and life giving. In that first year, I learned a tremendous amount about myself. I grew up. I grew up in a way that I had never allowed myself previously.
I won't lie. While rediscovering myself, I have fought the little voice that says I am not enough, but pretty much ignore it now. There were dark days, but there were a lot of sunny ones too. I thought I'd fall apart, and I didn't. Not really anyway. I still work for the same company though as a single income of 35k, even for here, its a little tight from time to time.
But last year this time, I fell into a sweetheart of a deal on a little ranch style 3 bedroom house. Its got a big yard for my dog, and Nanners has a swing from a tree, and its in a nice quiet little town and I've got friends close to help when I need it.
Its good that Jake mentioned it, but I honestly believe that my growing interest in fitness probably did more for my life than anything else. I worked through a lot of anger moving a barbell around. I worked through a whole lot of feeling sorry for myself that way too. But mostly I enjoy feeling like I can do anything when I'm with my kiddo.
Life is what you make of it. And I have in the last few years made sure I was making mine great. I have a pretty great little life, but it isn't about the stuff I have or the money I have spent. Its about the adventure you are on, even if you don't adventure far.
Not long after that we made the decision to move back to the Valley. I got a job at an ink company making about 32k in an area where Administrative jobs were paying about 25k. We sold our townhouse. And we bought a nice house in a subdivision not far from Harrisonburg. We soon got a dog, and 2 years later welcomed Nanners.
Life was good on paper. But about 18 months later, everything finally gave out from the stress. I moved out, separating as amicably as someone can possibly do.
I bought a townhouse and for the first time in almost 10 years, I lived alone. It was equal parts terrifying and life giving. In that first year, I learned a tremendous amount about myself. I grew up. I grew up in a way that I had never allowed myself previously.
I won't lie. While rediscovering myself, I have fought the little voice that says I am not enough, but pretty much ignore it now. There were dark days, but there were a lot of sunny ones too. I thought I'd fall apart, and I didn't. Not really anyway. I still work for the same company though as a single income of 35k, even for here, its a little tight from time to time.
But last year this time, I fell into a sweetheart of a deal on a little ranch style 3 bedroom house. Its got a big yard for my dog, and Nanners has a swing from a tree, and its in a nice quiet little town and I've got friends close to help when I need it.
Its good that Jake mentioned it, but I honestly believe that my growing interest in fitness probably did more for my life than anything else. I worked through a lot of anger moving a barbell around. I worked through a whole lot of feeling sorry for myself that way too. But mostly I enjoy feeling like I can do anything when I'm with my kiddo.
Life is what you make of it. And I have in the last few years made sure I was making mine great. I have a pretty great little life, but it isn't about the stuff I have or the money I have spent. Its about the adventure you are on, even if you don't adventure far.
2019 Impreza Sport
