(09-13-2018, 09:54 AM)ScottyB Wrote: cooked a 9 lb. boston butt last weekend. this one turned out insanely tender and full of flavor. approx. 9 hours at 275 degrees, no wood chips just straight lump charcoal which still tasted plenty smokey. no mustard coating this time, just straight Butt Rub right to the meat with an extra cup or so of brown sugar packed down onto the fat cap. i'll be prepping it this way from here on out, much less messy and i don't have to deal with mustard (i hate the smell of it).
Looks good!
Yeah I have never noticed a difference with mustard. I stopped doing it a while ago. (and I love mustard)
(09-12-2018, 10:50 AM)RawrImAMonster Wrote: This recipe is still in the process of being revised but I'm pretty happy with it as it currently sets so I'll share it with you all.
This is how I've been making Carolina-ish style pork BBQ in the instant pot.
Im sure its good, but BBQ has never come out of a pot in the history of the universe, so please dont call that BBQ, much less carolina BBQ.
Signed,
BBQ Snob

![[Image: 5i6l7okh.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/5i6l7okh.jpg)
![[Image: g7W8KExh.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/g7W8KExh.jpg)