07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
I found out one of my customers at work is an instructor and hardcore track guy, which is awesome. We talked for quite a bit but one thing I found kinda funny is that he talked to me as if he assumed I don't have track experience, even though I told him I track with NASA, raced bikes, etc.
Then that reminded me of the owner of a BMW shop where I took the M, who did kinda the same thing. Nice guy, but he was explaining track days and stuff like I didn't know, when I told him I did track days and raced a bit. And not just for a minute or two, I feel like he talked for 5-10 minutes.
I guess people are so excited that they just go wide fucking open throttle into all of the stuff they like to do and have done without actually hearing you? Or maybe people are just so used to people not knowing anything about driving that they don't know how to handle it when someone does?
Do you guys get that sometimes?
Then that reminded me of the owner of a BMW shop where I took the M, who did kinda the same thing. Nice guy, but he was explaining track days and stuff like I didn't know, when I told him I did track days and raced a bit. And not just for a minute or two, I feel like he talked for 5-10 minutes.
I guess people are so excited that they just go wide fucking open throttle into all of the stuff they like to do and have done without actually hearing you? Or maybe people are just so used to people not knowing anything about driving that they don't know how to handle it when someone does?
Do you guys get that sometimes?
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com

