03-25-2016, 07:05 PM
For those running the sound bars, how do you handle the video inputs. Do you have enough ports on your tvs and just do it that way. Do the sound bars have video pass through and switching? Could you add a second zone? We currently have a onkyo 7.1 av receiver. But it's old and doesn't have hdmi. But it does have a a second zone where it turns off two of the 7 and turns on the other two, which we have outside. It's kinda useless cause you can't separate the zones which I think on new models, you can.
My ultimate question is would it be better to upgrade just the receiver with a hdmi model or scrap the whole system for sound bar plus two rear speaker setup. I'm not worried about losing the 7 channels cause the room isn't setup for it and the speaker location are so bad that we're getting absolutely no benefit from the extra speakers. They're also old style and giant blocks which doesn't look the greatest mounted on the wall.
Things I'd like to keep though would be second zone (but add being able to listen to different sources in different zones) and a hdmi hub so to speak. I have a Blu ray player, a 360, and the cable box. The TV may have 3 ports but I'd have to check and we may want to add another source at some point
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My ultimate question is would it be better to upgrade just the receiver with a hdmi model or scrap the whole system for sound bar plus two rear speaker setup. I'm not worried about losing the 7 channels cause the room isn't setup for it and the speaker location are so bad that we're getting absolutely no benefit from the extra speakers. They're also old style and giant blocks which doesn't look the greatest mounted on the wall.
Things I'd like to keep though would be second zone (but add being able to listen to different sources in different zones) and a hdmi hub so to speak. I have a Blu ray player, a 360, and the cable box. The TV may have 3 ports but I'd have to check and we may want to add another source at some point
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800
1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800
1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
