The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




The official tablet (and other useless electronics) thread!
OK networking gurus, learn me wireless routers.

I have an AirPort Extreme that I got in... 2011? I think. Maybe 2010. It's from college. Does 802.11n, is dual band, has some wired ports and a USB port for a printer or hard drive. All of that, I like. What I don't like is that the range is diminishing and speed is suffering as a result. The roommate and I have noticed issues on all our devices and the router hasn't changed locations since we moved in, so I think it may just be time for a new one.

Our interwebs is Comcast and I own the modem, so I can't/won't get their shitty rent-a-router.

Tell me what I should get. Presumably 802.11ac is the new hotness. I want all the other features from the Apple router to remain. A new AirPort Extreme is $199, so if I can't spend less than that, I'll get another Apple router. If I can do it for half the price (or even less than that!) I'd be thrilled.

We have the router on the middle floor of our 3-story townhouse and want good range both upstairs in the bedrooms and downstairs in the basement/garage.
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan

Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: