The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




The official tablet (and other useless electronics) thread!
So after some face time with the S7 a few thoughts:

- With the Incipio case, it's actually the same size as my S4 with a Magpul case but with a slightly larger viewable screen. Definitely a bonus because I feel that this is the perfect size for a phone, especially if you travel a lot.
- Verizon sent me the very feminine sparkly black version of this case in my package, so I got to take it back to a local Verizon store and they swapped it for the matte black one I had originally ordered no problem. This case has an inner soft layer and a hard outer layer over top of it, kind of like a smaller profile Otterbox. Supposedly rated for 12 feet drops, and with this phone being mostly waterproof I'm hoping it will end up being a tank. I didn't bother to get the tempered glass screen protector as the new Gorilla glass even on the S4 is so good that scratches are a non-issue
- This thing is basically a much, much better version of my S4, which is a huge compliment. Samsung did away with most of the gimmicky features from what I can tell (automatic screen scrolling based on your eye movement, etc.) and simplified everything which is a nice change. I have the home screens set up basically identical to how I had it on my S4 so it was really easy to make the transition.
- I have emojis now? But the "swipe" texting I have gotten so used to is not as good on the OEM Samsung keyboard (not picking up the correct words) so I might look to install Swype or another good keyboard. It's hard for me to go back when I can text basically 2-3x as fast as regular key pressing
- The camera is worlds better. You can even take "3D" pictures by walking around an object and upload them to Google Drive so people can swipe their finger on the picture and see all sides of the object. But then honestly I don't see why you wouldn't just shoot a video. There are a ton of camera features so I will probably need a lot more time with it but so far it's massively better than the S4, especially with image stabilization
- Battery life I will hold judgment on as it's a new battery and it's getting heavier than normal use. The "fast charging" charged it from 0-100% in about 1hr 15 minutes, which didn't seem all that fast to me. But again it's a new battery and I'm trying to let it get drained out through a few cycles so it holds a better charge in the long run
- Fingerprint recognition is awesome
- Resolution on this screen and video playing is freaking outstanding. We watched and wirelessly streamed an episode of Vikings to my smart TV last night and it was like we were watching it on DVR.

Definitely would buy again, will report back with any issues....and here in about 6 weeks when I get my Gear S2 Smile
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: