09-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Since I'm just in a full smartwatch nerdout mode today, here's how to find custom faces for 'em.
There are a bunch of apps that plug you into their "collections." You go to the app on the watch, and then select a face in the app on your phone. I've tried a bunch of them but the most robust ones seem to be Facer, Pujei Black, and WatchMaker. I think all three of them, or at least Pujie and WatchMaker allow you to do completely custom faces as well, if you feel like sitting there and fiddling with a thousand settings.
The major drawback is the search tools within the apps kind of suck, so while they each claim to offer "thousands" of custom faces, they don't make it very easy to find them. But there are some sites that aggregate them:
http://facerepo.com/
https://www.watchawear.com/watches/watch-faces.html
There are also obviously some faces you can buy or download straight from the Play Store, the one in my photo above is "Skymaster" and has 4 customizable widget spaces. Mine shows Day/Date, Temp/Weather, and Watch/Phone battery levels, and the top space I have the wing logo and my initials. The same guy also has a similar one called "Ranger" which is very similar but also has a compass/steps widget which will be handy for someone like me, who has a sense of direction ever so slightly worse than James May. Both are well done and are <$2, so I'd recommend them.
I'm currently poking around for maybe a nice moonphase style with a white or cream face to go with my new brown band, and I'd like to find one with a convincing skeleton watch effect, but I haven't seen one done well yet.
EDIT: Holy shit, ask and ye shall receive: http://facerepo.com/app/search/results?s...lot&page=1
There are a bunch of apps that plug you into their "collections." You go to the app on the watch, and then select a face in the app on your phone. I've tried a bunch of them but the most robust ones seem to be Facer, Pujei Black, and WatchMaker. I think all three of them, or at least Pujie and WatchMaker allow you to do completely custom faces as well, if you feel like sitting there and fiddling with a thousand settings.
The major drawback is the search tools within the apps kind of suck, so while they each claim to offer "thousands" of custom faces, they don't make it very easy to find them. But there are some sites that aggregate them:
http://facerepo.com/
https://www.watchawear.com/watches/watch-faces.html
There are also obviously some faces you can buy or download straight from the Play Store, the one in my photo above is "Skymaster" and has 4 customizable widget spaces. Mine shows Day/Date, Temp/Weather, and Watch/Phone battery levels, and the top space I have the wing logo and my initials. The same guy also has a similar one called "Ranger" which is very similar but also has a compass/steps widget which will be handy for someone like me, who has a sense of direction ever so slightly worse than James May. Both are well done and are <$2, so I'd recommend them.
I'm currently poking around for maybe a nice moonphase style with a white or cream face to go with my new brown band, and I'd like to find one with a convincing skeleton watch effect, but I haven't seen one done well yet.
EDIT: Holy shit, ask and ye shall receive: http://facerepo.com/app/search/results?s...lot&page=1
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S

