12-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Identity theft or even just identity distribution suck. I guess it would be distribution. I signed up for the Walmart online pharmacy my freshman year to try and speed up the process because we walked there all the time and I figured it would be easier. I'm almost positive this is what triggered it cause the online interface seemed a little sketchy like you were signing up for more than just prescriptions and shortly after, I started getting like 3-4 phone calls a day saying I won this or that or have been signed up for a cruise next month, etc. It was the most annoying shit ever trying to explain to these people I did no such thing. I would usually just say my identity was stolen, take me off all of your lists and don't call me again. But it was still a pain and went on for a few months.
When my debit card was "stolen" (I still had the physical card) the fraud team that worked for my bank actually called me before I even knew about it and I check my online statement quite frequently. Somebody was charging gas stations and fast food places like $30 a pop out on Ohio or some shit. Luckily my bank is small and knows me because apparently it would have been some big process (although it was still rather cumbersome and annoying) because I didn't personally catch the fraud. I had to sign a statement saying I did though and reported it to them, not the other way around.
But the big problem there was that it over drafted my account by like $150-200. Luckily I wasn't responsible for any of it including overdraft fees
When my debit card was "stolen" (I still had the physical card) the fraud team that worked for my bank actually called me before I even knew about it and I check my online statement quite frequently. Somebody was charging gas stations and fast food places like $30 a pop out on Ohio or some shit. Luckily my bank is small and knows me because apparently it would have been some big process (although it was still rather cumbersome and annoying) because I didn't personally catch the fraud. I had to sign a statement saying I did though and reported it to them, not the other way around.
But the big problem there was that it over drafted my account by like $150-200. Luckily I wasn't responsible for any of it including overdraft fees
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800
1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800
1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
