12-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Ken Wrote:My friend has the AC1900 NightHawk and has had zero problems for over a year now. Me personally, I want to get the Asus RT-AC68U.I have both and they are both great routers and have been the top 2 routers on smallnetbuilder for a while. (aside from the brand new crop of $300 routers) Most router problems, dropping wifi connections, range issues are from cheaping out on the router.
The Netgear R7000 Nighthawk is my primary, and it sits in my basement behind a bunch of crap. Even on the 3rd floor on the opposite end of the house I have great signal and can still top out my fios 50mbit connection.
The extra stuff like VPN,media server and nas/cloud storage (with free dyndns account) is a big benefit if you use it too, but if you have to use it in AP mode because you have to put it behind a required ISPs router (like fios) then you cant use them.
