12-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Evan Wrote:Apoc Wrote:Anyone have experience with Sonos? Seems like good value for the money and has applications well beyond a lone entertainment system. The "home theater" system is fairly expensive but you could really creative with multiroom setups for audio, if nothing else.looked into it pretty hard a few years ago. I thought it was way overpriced at the time, I ended up going with Squeezebox which I <3 <3 <3 but of course Logitech discontinued it. Whenever those crap out I guess Ill look at sonos again, but honestly I think a tablet (plus optionally a DAC) makes a pretty kickass music source.
We almost always use our phones. I'm more interested in wireless speakers that can be placed/moved throughout the house. With DirecTV wireless Genie and a backyard we use FAR more than we ever did in VA, the idea of everything everywhere is appealing.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
