10-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Jon you want the iPad Mini 2, as far as I can tell it's the same as the "new" model without Touch ID and it costs $100 less. I'm probably going to pick one up this week for Lauren's b-day because she doesn't like to sit with a computer or even my iPad Air, so she hunches over and reads/facebooks on her phone all night.
And yes I mean read, like entire books, on her phone. :dunno: She wonders why she always has a tension headache. :roll:
Edit: I've reached the same conclusion that you have Mike, it took three full generations to coax me out of my iPad 2, the iPad 3 and iPad 4 just didn't offer enough of an improvement for me to spend the money to upgrade. I'm in a similar boat now, the Air 2 is very pretty and the anti-reflective screen is cool, but *meh,* it's nowhere close to nice enough to get me to buy it over my current one.
Edit 2: Jon check the specs: http://store.apple.com/us/ipad/compare
It's the exact same device, the touchID is a $100 upgrade basically. I'm running iOS 8 on my 5S right now with no issues whatsoever, I can't imagine the iPad would.
And yes I mean read, like entire books, on her phone. :dunno: She wonders why she always has a tension headache. :roll:
Edit: I've reached the same conclusion that you have Mike, it took three full generations to coax me out of my iPad 2, the iPad 3 and iPad 4 just didn't offer enough of an improvement for me to spend the money to upgrade. I'm in a similar boat now, the Air 2 is very pretty and the anti-reflective screen is cool, but *meh,* it's nowhere close to nice enough to get me to buy it over my current one.
Edit 2: Jon check the specs: http://store.apple.com/us/ipad/compare
It's the exact same device, the touchID is a $100 upgrade basically. I'm running iOS 8 on my 5S right now with no issues whatsoever, I can't imagine the iPad would.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S

