09-10-2014, 12:47 PM
G.Irish Wrote:I just don't think they showed any real reason that someone who already has an iPhone should also buy the Apple Watch. So they don't have to reach in their pocket and pull out their phone? Please.
I'm actually looking forward to a day I can do that. If I can use my watch to check messages, see how long until my bus arrives, and pay for everything with a tap, I'm in. I used to be one of the people that railed against watches in general, but I definitely see the benefit of a smart watch as someone who commutes (often in the rain, or using both hands while I stand on the bus) and spends all day in meetings (where's my next meeting? who texted me?). It also has the potential to extend the phone's battery life because you aren't constantly flipping the screen on to see what time it is or who texted you.
As some of you may have seen, I recently took to wearing a watch because of the ease of checking the time/date and... yes... as a fashion choice. I'm also kinda prepping myself for the SMART WATCH REVOLUTION!!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
