The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Official MM Firearms Thread
Yeah ha I hear you, perhaps I should have started statement with "with all things being equal" from a service and equipment perspective. I personally didn't consider services in my search that didn't have automation / app functionality; I travel so much for work that I want to have that personal touchpoint to my home. You sound like you have been going through or went through this fun exercise just like me!

Edit: I just priced out my hardware and service with Simplisafe for funsies. Over a 3 year period it is almost exactly the same price out of pocket when you factor in equipment costs but without the automation ability. The benefit you do get is that you can walk away from their service, but then you also aren't protected if they decide to jack up their rates since you aren't locked into an agreement. The app also looks a little weaker than the Alarm.com app, but their service looks like another solid alternative if you are going the DIY route!
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: