02-26-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: Goodspeed
Can you? Sure. David DDs his STi on coils in a fixed-back racing seat.
It's just whether or not you want it bad enough. I wouldn't go back to DDing the E36 up here. It's too stiff, too loud, too much of a cop magnet and the clutch is too heavy to ride in traffic. However, one could make the argument that I'm just being a girly little bitch and it's not that bad to drive. I wouldn't consider DDing a modded NA or NB miata or some other hardcore stripped out sports car up here, but I might be more inclined to attempt something like that after I leave the area, maybe.
If you're on the fence about buying another toy, hold onto the XJ for DD duty and get you some cheap little go-kart to have fun with. That's the way to do it up here IMO, have a car like that to drive when you're in the mood for it, and a DD for when you're not.
Can you? Sure. David DDs his STi on coils in a fixed-back racing seat.
It's just whether or not you want it bad enough. I wouldn't go back to DDing the E36 up here. It's too stiff, too loud, too much of a cop magnet and the clutch is too heavy to ride in traffic. However, one could make the argument that I'm just being a girly little bitch and it's not that bad to drive. I wouldn't consider DDing a modded NA or NB miata or some other hardcore stripped out sports car up here, but I might be more inclined to attempt something like that after I leave the area, maybe.
If you're on the fence about buying another toy, hold onto the XJ for DD duty and get you some cheap little go-kart to have fun with. That's the way to do it up here IMO, have a car like that to drive when you're in the mood for it, and a DD for when you're not.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S

