02-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Ken Wrote:Mike Wrote:Now I get to sell my old setup and profit.
Are you selling an receiver as part of that old setup?
Yes. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/Marantz-NR1403-5-1-channel-Theater-receiver/dp/B0081N916M">http://www.amazon.com/Marantz-NR1403-5- ... B0081N916M</a><!-- m -->. I'm across the country and do not provide MM discounts (thank Justin) so it probably isn't for you.
Guys, guys, I'm into and appreciate fancy stereo equipment. I am for reals when I say the difference at normal listening levels is negligible and the space difference is very appreciable. Now if I want to watch some Star Wars battle scene at epic volume levels and really feel like I'm there? Sure, a little immersion may be lost, but I may do something like that once a year. I think I got the levels dialed in pretty well yesterday, played a few hours of BF4 and it was amazing. Old/bulky 5.1 setups are a thing of the past; technology has caught up.
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.

