11-13-2013, 06:16 PM
CaptainHenreh Wrote:Let me know what you think of it.sooooo...... Got the Nexus 5 last tuesday but its not off to a good start. The audio doesnt work. No phone ringers, no alarms, no notifications, no game audio, etc etc. A couple of really long threads on various forums so its not a rare occurrence.
Unfortunately, just as Google's products tend to be in beta for a very long time, Google's support most definitely is. Took over a week of very slow back and forth just to get Google to say "ok we will send you a new one. but you have to get at the end of the line of all the other play store orders"
So I ordered my phone 11 minutes after it went on sale on oct 31, paid for 2 day shipping, and I might get a fully functional phone sometime in december :roll:
anyway, Ive been using it just in vibrate mode and I can say the phone is good but not great. Its a upper-midrange phone IMO. If you care about these things, then you've probably read other blog reviews and I dont disagree terribly with anything they have said.
Camera is good but not great, battery life is decent even with Google (Privacy Invade) NOW, and better than I expected (better than Nexus 4) build quality and "looks" is better than pictures, but not as good as the nexus 4 IMO. CPU is blazing fast and snappy but so was the one in the nexus 4. The screen is really good and sharp.
Havent found any Android 4.4 bugs so far so they fixed the bluetooth and wireless charging bugs that have annoyed the shit out of me since 4.2.
Otherwise, improvements in 4.4 are pretty subtle.
Honestly I dont think its any better than an S4. S4 has a bigger battery, slightly better camera, and is a touch smaller/thinner with the same size screen. Software side, of course is a different story and according to personal taste. I havent had enough time with TouchJizz to fully evaluate it.
