05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Jon you buy one of these cheapo OBD2 dongles from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Supper-C...tooth+obd2 and hope you get one that works. Then it just streams the data to the device.
Some people claim the boost readings and other stuff are inaccurate, but others say you just have to take the time to set up the app correctly, including your elevation, so it knows how to calculate everything correctly. We'll have to throw it in Jake's car and compare it to the analog gauges once we get it set up.
Ken I thought about just doing that but if I hard wire it I can get the screen to stay on 100% of the time. Maybe I'll even use one of those UI apps to show a VW logo when it gets power and lock it down to only that app.
Some people claim the boost readings and other stuff are inaccurate, but others say you just have to take the time to set up the app correctly, including your elevation, so it knows how to calculate everything correctly. We'll have to throw it in Jake's car and compare it to the analog gauges once we get it set up.
Ken I thought about just doing that but if I hard wire it I can get the screen to stay on 100% of the time. Maybe I'll even use one of those UI apps to show a VW logo when it gets power and lock it down to only that app.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan
Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S

