02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
THIS IS NOW THE OFFICIAL "JET PLANES ARE FUCKING BOOOOOOOOOOOSSS" THREAD
Hey, you dudes wanna talk about fighter jets?
AW MAN I FUCKIN' LOVE FIGHTER JETS!!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130117/178844683/Russian_T-50_Fighter_Jet_Completes_First_Long-Range_Flight.html">http://en.rian.ru/military_news/2013011 ... light.html</a><!-- m -->
So, the PAK FA (Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation, don't ask, the russians are drunk) recently completed a 7000+ mile flight. Not bad for a "5th gen" 3d thrust vectoring air superiority fighter for UNDER $10B! That's crazy! We'll see how stealthy it is (doesn't look particularly stealthy but who knows) but it's a pretty neat design! Always had a bit of a hardon for russkie jets.
I mean look at it:
![[Image: Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg)
So boss. It has no rudders, because the vertical stabilisers MOVE to steer the plane, and of course 3D thrust vectoring helps. :bow:
Meanwhile, our "missile truck" F15 replacement trillion dollar abortion of an F35 is grounded...AGAIN due to a possible defect in the (admittedly pretty boss) pratt and whitney engine. FAWK. Why are we dumping money on this POS? USAF F35 "Albatross" is probably accurate at this point.
![[Image: cover-f-35_in_the_clouds_1920x10802.jpg]](http://theislandnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/cover-f-35_in_the_clouds_1920x10802.jpg)
It's pretty cool looking, though. I gotta say, other than the stealth aspect (which, like, disappears after you load it up with supplemental fuel tanks and ordinance) I dont' know why we aren't just laying down new F-15 airframes. I know the USAF is all "we dont' expect to have pilots in the cockpit in 20 years" BUT WE AIN'T THERE YET, SON, SO STOP SLACKING!
And what are those unwashed cheese eating socialists doing? Oh, well the USAF had a little excercise with Our Golden Child the F22 vs the Eurofighter Tyhphoon and the USAF decided they didn't like what they were seeing so they picked up their marbles and went home.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://eucitizens.eu/Forum/index.php?topic=166.0">http://eucitizens.eu/Forum/index.php?topic=166.0</a><!-- m -->
womp womp.
![[Image: Eurofighter_Typhoon_take-off.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Eurofighter_Typhoon_take-off.jpg)
![[Image: eurofighter-00.jpg]](http://mymodelplanes.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/eurofighter-00.jpg)
And some F22 porn just for funsies:
![[Image: f22-takeoff-2.jpg]](http://us4palin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/f22-takeoff-2.jpg)
I HAVE SUCH A JET BONER RIGHT NOW
Hey, you dudes wanna talk about fighter jets?
AW MAN I FUCKIN' LOVE FIGHTER JETS!!!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.rian.ru/military_news/20130117/178844683/Russian_T-50_Fighter_Jet_Completes_First_Long-Range_Flight.html">http://en.rian.ru/military_news/2013011 ... light.html</a><!-- m -->
So, the PAK FA (Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation, don't ask, the russians are drunk) recently completed a 7000+ mile flight. Not bad for a "5th gen" 3d thrust vectoring air superiority fighter for UNDER $10B! That's crazy! We'll see how stealthy it is (doesn't look particularly stealthy but who knows) but it's a pretty neat design! Always had a bit of a hardon for russkie jets.
I mean look at it:
![[Image: Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Sukhoi_T-50_Beltyukov.jpg)
So boss. It has no rudders, because the vertical stabilisers MOVE to steer the plane, and of course 3D thrust vectoring helps. :bow:
Meanwhile, our "missile truck" F15 replacement trillion dollar abortion of an F35 is grounded...AGAIN due to a possible defect in the (admittedly pretty boss) pratt and whitney engine. FAWK. Why are we dumping money on this POS? USAF F35 "Albatross" is probably accurate at this point.
![[Image: cover-f-35_in_the_clouds_1920x10802.jpg]](http://theislandnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/cover-f-35_in_the_clouds_1920x10802.jpg)
It's pretty cool looking, though. I gotta say, other than the stealth aspect (which, like, disappears after you load it up with supplemental fuel tanks and ordinance) I dont' know why we aren't just laying down new F-15 airframes. I know the USAF is all "we dont' expect to have pilots in the cockpit in 20 years" BUT WE AIN'T THERE YET, SON, SO STOP SLACKING!
And what are those unwashed cheese eating socialists doing? Oh, well the USAF had a little excercise with Our Golden Child the F22 vs the Eurofighter Tyhphoon and the USAF decided they didn't like what they were seeing so they picked up their marbles and went home.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://eucitizens.eu/Forum/index.php?topic=166.0">http://eucitizens.eu/Forum/index.php?topic=166.0</a><!-- m -->
womp womp.
![[Image: Eurofighter_Typhoon_take-off.jpg]](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Eurofighter_Typhoon_take-off.jpg)
![[Image: eurofighter-00.jpg]](http://mymodelplanes.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/eurofighter-00.jpg)
And some F22 porn just for funsies:
![[Image: f22-takeoff-2.jpg]](http://us4palin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/f22-takeoff-2.jpg)
I HAVE SUCH A JET BONER RIGHT NOW
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
