02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Funny, I have used it for over a year and I have used almost every bit in there (bmw has lots of torx/allen bolts). Also the tools have never failed or broken, and I use my tools a lot. Even funnier that you say "throw in the trailer and leave it there", I use my tools far more with a race car and project cars than I do for home use.
Craftsman are junk nowadays unless you buy their professional line which is no longer reasonable in pricing (might as well buy Matco). They also no longer "warranty" their crafstman sockets anymore, instead giving you remanned or making you have to wait to ship a tool. I would have agreed with you 7-8 years ago, but craftsman is not the same it used to be.
For the record, I have only broken 3 tools that I can remember:
Snap on 3/8 ratchet that was a pain to find a Snapon Guy to replace
Advance Auto 1/2 drive ratchet, because I used it as a hammer.
Harbor Freight "chinese" 1/4 extension, that I then used a 3/8 adaptor and used my long-handle Snap-on Ratchet. It broke.
Craftsman are junk nowadays unless you buy their professional line which is no longer reasonable in pricing (might as well buy Matco). They also no longer "warranty" their crafstman sockets anymore, instead giving you remanned or making you have to wait to ship a tool. I would have agreed with you 7-8 years ago, but craftsman is not the same it used to be.
For the record, I have only broken 3 tools that I can remember:
Snap on 3/8 ratchet that was a pain to find a Snapon Guy to replace
Advance Auto 1/2 drive ratchet, because I used it as a hammer.
Harbor Freight "chinese" 1/4 extension, that I then used a 3/8 adaptor and used my long-handle Snap-on Ratchet. It broke.
2020 Ford Raptor
2009 Z06
1986.5 Porsche 928S
2009 Z06
1986.5 Porsche 928S
