The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




What should I go test drive?
#56
I'd buy an E39 but thanks to Lauren I pretty much already have one to use on the weekends, so getting another would feel redundant.

One option I'm keeping in my back pocket is buying someone's finished project off of bimmerforums. There are some guys out there that enjoy the build more than the drive, I've seen some E34 540i's that are about as "restored" as you can get for well under $10k. It wouldn't have any of the features a post 2005 car would have, but it would be be drop dead gorgeous, ride well, and be easy to keep going (for me). Same goes for an E46, I know them well enough to be able to buy one with all the right maintenance done, and I'm familiar enough to do most repairs pretty easily.

I just like the idea of something doing something a little different. I've burned myself out on daily shopping/research for a little bit. Everything I get excited about turns out to be a bad idea when I research it, or I post it here and someone else tells me why its a terrible idea. I think I need to wait until I have cash in hand and settle on my budget and what I want actually want to do with the E36.

Rex I acknowledge the problem is with me, never said it wasn't.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan

Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S




  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: