10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
SO...windows 8 for two days...
Remember I'm moving from Vista but...it actually is starting to make sense. I "knew" I was going to hate Metro, but it's not so bad. Considering 90% of computer users just use them as facebook machines, having a central "information hub" makes a kind of sense. I'm still getting used to searching for my desktop applications, and the 8 upgrade borked my Office Pro install, so I'm going to have to dig up the discs and my old MSDN key...even though the "compatibility check tool" said I wouldn't have to.
In general, though, I think this is actually a really decent OS. I find all my objections are more that it's not the way I've been doing it for almost 20 years rather than an actual *problem*.
Remember I'm moving from Vista but...it actually is starting to make sense. I "knew" I was going to hate Metro, but it's not so bad. Considering 90% of computer users just use them as facebook machines, having a central "information hub" makes a kind of sense. I'm still getting used to searching for my desktop applications, and the 8 upgrade borked my Office Pro install, so I'm going to have to dig up the discs and my old MSDN key...even though the "compatibility check tool" said I wouldn't have to.
In general, though, I think this is actually a really decent OS. I find all my objections are more that it's not the way I've been doing it for almost 20 years rather than an actual *problem*.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
