01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Great f'in news. Shame the Grand Am event is gone but I'd much rather see Le Mans prototypes than Daytona Prototypes. Hopefully the car count will be healthy when ALMS rolls into town.
Nah I don't think they'll limit the prototypes there, the back straight at VIR isn't a whole lot longer than the back straight at Road Atlanta. Then again, the consequences of losing your brakes at the end of the back straight at VIR are much worse...
Quote:I'm betting they are going to have to limit the prototypes to some sort of speed on that back straight....
Nah I don't think they'll limit the prototypes there, the back straight at VIR isn't a whole lot longer than the back straight at Road Atlanta. Then again, the consequences of losing your brakes at the end of the back straight at VIR are much worse...
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com

