07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Brakes are back together thanks to Evan having some spares. I will eventually get around to rebuilding the stock calipers, thanks for all the replies on the matter. I'm definitely enjoying the increased braking ability of some fresh pads and rotors. I found one rubbing issue after the last autocross and a quick change of the ride height seems to have resolved it but I guess I'll know for sure with the next event.
Updates:
949Racing SS lines
ATE SuperBlue Brake Fluid
Carbotech XP8 / AX6
Carbotech Rotors
949Racing 6ULs 15x9 (Bronze)
Hankook RS3 225/45/15
Hankook RS3 review: VERY sticky street tire. Overall good feel, they are a bit stretched on my setup so the side wall feels quite firm and crisp. The braking ability and turn in was impressive. I found the sweet spot to be about 33 F / 30 R hot but I think they could still use some more scrubbing in. No notice of 'greasy' feeling that I normally encounter throughout a day of autocross runs. Car was able to stay very neutral and comfortable and I could continue to find additional speed with each consecutive run. They seem to manage heat quite well and stayed consistent once hot. Much more testing to be done and I will update with the durability of this tire as I drive on them more, still learning the limits.
Quick pictures of the car as it currently sits:
![[Image: IMG_1760.jpg]](http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/Nis01/Digital%20Photo%20Album/IMG_1760.jpg)
Updates:
949Racing SS lines
ATE SuperBlue Brake Fluid
Carbotech XP8 / AX6
Carbotech Rotors
949Racing 6ULs 15x9 (Bronze)
Hankook RS3 225/45/15
Hankook RS3 review: VERY sticky street tire. Overall good feel, they are a bit stretched on my setup so the side wall feels quite firm and crisp. The braking ability and turn in was impressive. I found the sweet spot to be about 33 F / 30 R hot but I think they could still use some more scrubbing in. No notice of 'greasy' feeling that I normally encounter throughout a day of autocross runs. Car was able to stay very neutral and comfortable and I could continue to find additional speed with each consecutive run. They seem to manage heat quite well and stayed consistent once hot. Much more testing to be done and I will update with the durability of this tire as I drive on them more, still learning the limits.
Quick pictures of the car as it currently sits:
![[Image: IMG_1760.jpg]](http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/Nis01/Digital%20Photo%20Album/IMG_1760.jpg)
